We would like to encourage you to manage your child’s Halloween candy with the following recommendations to minimize cavities:
- Separate all of the chocolate candies. These are the best selections for kids to eat as they contain calcium and melt quickly with no gooey residue on the teeth.
- Eliminate all gummy, sticky, gooey and sour (acid powder) candies.
- Allow your child to enjoy their Halloween candy for 2-3 days, then get rid of it! Don’t keep it around the house for months!
- Consider donating your child’s candy to the troops.
- BRUSH AND FLOSS CAREFULLY! Use a fluoride rinse to help protect from sugar and acid