We have missed seeing you! We hope you are all staying safe and doing well! We are certain that the past several weeks have been a challenge for each of your families and we understand the strain that you all must have been under.
At The Kids Dentist in Mequon, we have always worked to provide the healthiest, safest and child friendly environment for your family’s dental needs. We have been coming up with new ways to adapt our environment to continue providing those same qualities in these novel times. The CDC, ADA, and Wisconsin DHS have put out guidance for dental offices. We will not only be adhering to those recommendations, but we will go even further to make sure that we keep everyone safe in our environment and community.
We know that many families have had to miss their scheduled appointments. We are working with each family over the next couple of weeks to try and get your children rescheduled. We are going to be lengthening all appointment times to allow for advanced sanitation protocols as well as social distancing. This may mean that some upcoming appointments will need to be rescheduled as we must make changes to our schedules. I will be having our team members reach out to each and every family to review your upcoming appointments. This may take some time and I appreciate your understanding in advance.
Below are some of the changes that you will see with your upcoming visits to The Kids Dentist:
- You will be receiving a text message, email or phone call with a brief survey that needs to be completed prior to your arrival. This COVID-19 screening can be done on your computer or cell phone and will be returned electronically to our office. Upon your arrival to appointments, we will conduct a brief re-screening and temperature scan of all individuals in our vestibule. We ask that you answer all questions truthfully and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment if necessary.
- In lieu of completing registration forms in office, we will be emailing and texting forms to you for NEW PATIENTS and CHECK UP APPOINTMENTS only. You will be able to complete these forms online and submit them to our office. We would like your check in process to be contact free! Patients coming to the office for other purposes i.e. fillings or other treatments do not need to complete these forms. You can also access these forms on our website, or they will be sent to your 24-48 hours prior to your visit.
- We are limiting the number of individuals that present to our reception area. We request that only children with scheduled appointments enter the facility along with one parent/adult. Parents are welcome to remain in their cars if they prefer and any children that do not have appointments should remain at home or outside with an adult.
- All individuals who enter our office are required to be wearing a mask or face covering which covers the nose and mouth.
- We have added additional air flow measures and filtration systems.
- All TKD team members are all screened daily and are all provided appropriate PPE to keep them and your children safe. Physical barriers have been placed in multiple locations around the office for your safety and theirs.
- We have removed all toys, games and books from all areas of the office. But do not worry–the train is still running!
- We request that all individuals arrive on time to appointments. If you arrive early, please call the office prior to entering to see if we can accommodate your child early. (262) 241-0400 We may not be able to accommodate families who are late to visits.
- Please provide 48 hours’ notice if you are not going to be able to attend your scheduled appointment so that we can notify other individuals of the opportunity.
- As the science and evidence changes regarding Covid-19, we may update or change our policies and procedures to follow new recommendations. We are staying on top of the situation and evolving as indicated.
We have put together a video for you and your child to see to become comfortable with our new surroundings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3IH-n9zp2o
We are always available to our families if there is a dental emergency. Our pediatric dentists remain on call 24/7 to address any urgent need. Do not hesitate to contact us if there is a problem or concern.
I personally would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and patience with the above changes. We are doing everything we can to put the health of your children first.
We look forward to seeing you all back in the office again soon!
Shane Fisher DDS
Owner, The Kids Dentist LLC